My take on love.Blog Marathon Post 15.


Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so
vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means
that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these
defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt
you, then one stupid person, no different from... any other stupid person,
wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They
didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or
smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes
hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in
the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends'
turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a
real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart. It is the ultimate PAIN.
I hate love but I still...


This was something I had got via google while searching randomly for love quotes and other love related things, almost 4 years back(or maybe more!) 
I remember having agreed to every single line, I mean, word back then. Strange as it may seen, I disagree with almost every word of this now. Somehow, I just fail to connect to the whole passage. Love to me now, is a beautiful feeling that isn't a "soul-hurt" but a "soul deep bonding." 

That being said, I am not IN love now, but I have just realized that some things are way beyond our control and being optimistic about what you are doing not only makes you cherish all that comes your way but also teaches you a whole lot of things, different from your perspective; be it love, friendship or relationships. Negative thinking takes you nowhere, in fact, it locks you up in a deep dark cell(read: your own self) filled with all kinds of bad emotions. It bogs you down and has the power to snatch your life away from you. 

You may have been in a bad relationship, you may have faced betrayed in love but you have to believe in yourself. Only then can you reach the heights that you have never gone to. And yes, LOVE is a very strong emotion. So, it is up to YOU to choose whether to make it you strenghth or weakness. Think of love as pain, and you will be hating love all your life; think of love as, well, love, things get simpler and nicer for you.

I want to laugh at that madness now, at the stupidity of this whole thing. How I was and how I have come to be. It all seems unreal but it is true. And I'd like to call this maturity. :)

Keep smiling. :)

Labels: , ,