Welcoming 2014 with open arms.

"103 posts, last published on 18-Oct-2013," is what I saw when I into my blogger dashboard now. And I just thought, "Whoa! That's a long time to have blogged." And then I realize I haven't blogged much at all the whole of 2013. So yes, I can say, 2013 was a bad writing year for me. I sit, thinking about how I had composed a mail for the new years last year with a sudden sense of urgency and how I had promised myself - at least on the surface level - that I would definitely write a lot and such in the year 2013. I snap out of my reverie, and say to myself, "If you keep trying to convince yourself to write a lot, it ain't going to happen. Dreaming and acting upon your dream are like two entirely different things but somehow they always go hand-in-hand. And new year, or a new start are just things you keep telling yourself to put off things for later. You can write anytime, and as long as it makes you happy, it's all good." 

I say, "Mr. Brain, you are so right." I am like that. And I will try my best to change that, and I do not care even if it's at the fag end of the year or early on. I love writing, and I want to do all the things I love this year. All the things that makes me - and the people i truly care about - happy. Because 2013 has not just made me realize, but has jolted me in ways I never thought of. Yes, life is short. Super short, I should say. And so very uncertain. And before you even blink, the things that matter to you are gone, vaporized, and vanished into thin air. All that remains within you are the memories, which you can cherish throughout your life. those memories which can help you sail through, in the boat called "life". Those memories which can make you smile at any point of life.
And with that, I hope 2014 will be a good year for not just myself but everyone. :) Especially, my friends, family and even all of my mutual friends or friends of friends. :P

On a different note, I finally finished reading TOUCH by Preeti Shenoy. It was a wonderful read and I enjoyed it right from Page 1 to the last page of the acknowledgements. :D It took me around 9 hours odd to read it. But it was completely worth it. And what I felt great about was that, I started and finished reading it on the 1st of January 2014. Amazing no?! In an attempt to not sound superstitious, I wonder if this is going to be a good reading year for me. Hehe. :P Yes, I am weird like that. But more on that later.

And the 2nd of January was super fun too. I realized(yes, I keep realizing things very often :P ) that perceiving something and seeing the same in reality can be so deceiving at times. Over the past couple of years, I've gotten in touch with a lot of amazing people, one of my closest friends Mushtaq being the first one, in a very long time. What we think is rarely how it actually is in the 'real' world, and the 2nd of January has made me realize that. Again, more on that later.

And this post has gone way longer than I expected it to be. And this is where I say see you later.

Lots of love,
Dhriti.